Status: Deferred (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
- It should be possible to pause a file order source:
- No orders are created. Incoming files are awaiting the file order source to be continued.
- Incoming files can be removed without side effect if a file order source is paused.
- The desired behavior can be achieved by using a time slot for the run-time of the first job of the respective job chain.
- No file orders are created if the time slot blocks that job.
- As soon as the run-time allows the job to be executed then the respective file orders will be created.
- A future implementation could use the existing attribute <file_order_source max="..." to limit the number of files that are accepted by the job chain.
- Currently this attribute limits the number of files that are returned after a <show ...> operation in the XML API.
As the functionality is provided with the existing solution 1) we do not intend to provide solution 2) in the near future.