- Agent Clusters represent a comprehensive view of Process Classes, i.e. they reflect the same information.
- Agent Clusters are managed by modifying Process Classes with the JOE job editor.
- Agent Clusters should be managed directly from the JOC Cockpit. The Agent Clusters view should offer actions to add, to modify and to remove Agent Clusters.
- Technically the modification takes place by adding, replacing or removing the *.process_class.xml files. Such files are written to a JobScheduler Master's hot folder.
- Modifications include to specify the name of the Agent Cluster, the max. number of processes, the included Agent URLs, heartbeat timeout & heartbeat period and the passive/active cluster type by specifying the first/next attributes.
- Agent Cluster modifications create the following types of *.process_class.xml files:
- If an Agent Cluster contains more than one Agent then the corresponding *.process_class.xml file looks e.g. like this:
- If an Agent Cluster contains a single Agent then the corresponding *.process_class.xml file looks like this:
- The "Edit Agent Cluster" feature is available in JOC Cockpit only when the process class makes use of one or more Agents as in the above requirement 1).
- This feature is not available with JOC Cockpit if a process class configuration is used for file watching or includes a single Agent for job execution as configured with above requirement 2)
JOC-706will bring this option to achieve feature completeness.