- When using the FTPS protocol then the YADE Client throws the error: Connection reset by peer: socket write error”
- This does not occur with a FileZilla FTPS server, however, it occurs when using ProFTPD
- The YADE Explicit Client Security feature is reported to work (without host key verification) for FTPS servers such as FileZilla.
- When using ProFTPD then consider the status of the bug NET-408: problem connecting to ProFTPD with FTPES.
- The same behavior might apply for other FTPS servers such as vsftpd.
- We will fix this issue if a bug-fix release of the Apache FTPSClient becomes available.
- As a workaround configure ProFTPD to work with Explicit Client Security as stated in the issue:
- set the TLSOption NoSessionReuseRequired to make YADE work with ProFTPD.
- This fix requires use of an updates third party library. We estimate this a certain risk concerning possible side effects for Maintenance Releases. Therefore this fix will be applied exclusively to the next General Availability Release that includes extensive testing.