- The JobScheduler release number should be added to the database table SCHEDULER_INSTANCES to allow user applications to decide if the data model is up to date with the JobScheduler release.
- This functionality is requested for users who perform individual deployments of JobScheduler without use of the installer. Such deployments usually separate the tasks of updating the installation of the software and updating the data model to the current release.
- Therefore such deployments would have to execute the installer scripts for database updates separately and require a reference from a database table to decide if the data model is up to date.
- A column is added for the release_number (character(100)).
- The column is populated by the database update script (scheduler_install_tables.cmd|sh) for each release being inserted or updated to the table.