- If a directory is watched for incoming files by a File Order Source then users can specify a delay (in seconds). The Agent will check if the file is stable for the duration of the specified delay. "Stable" means that the file size or modification timestamp of the file does not change for the duration of the delay.
- The fact that a delay is applied, for example if a file is written to for a longer time, is not visible from the Agent's log output. Users would like to know if delays are repeatedly applied.
- The agent.log file should include information in case that a delay is applied:
- One line of log output is created that states the file path when an incoming file is detected and the delay is applied.
- In case that the delay is repeatedly applied then one line of log output is created for each delay that states the file path and the fact that the delay has been repeatedly applied.
- One line of log output is created that states the file path when processing of the file order starts.