- The Controller Cluster requires an arbitrator to decide in case of fail-over and restart which instance should take the active role.
- To this purpose an Agent is assigned the arbitrator role (ClusterWatch Agent).
- JOC Cockpit operates the Proxy Service that can take the arbitrator role similar to the ClusterWatch Agent.
- JOC Cockpit can be operated as a cluster and allows to switch the arbitrator role between active and standby instances in case of switch-over and fail-over.
- For a limited period users have the choice to use JOC Cockpit or the ClusterWatch Agent as an arbitrator.