- The Master supports use of Java 8, 9,10 and 11 with a number of DBMS products e.g. MySQL 5.7, 8.0 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2017.
- When using JobScheduler Master for Windows 64bit, Java 12 then a Null Pointer exception is raised:
- For example: use of a MySQL database 8.0 with MariaDB JDBC Driver 2.6.6:
- For example: use of a Microsoft SQL Server 2017 database with Microsoft JDBC Driver 7:
- Similar behavior applies when using an Oracle DBMS.
- This problem does not occur when using Java 8, 9 10, 11 with the same databases.
- The Master should work with Java 12 when using the indicated databases and JDBC Drivers.
- At the time of General Availability of JobScheduler release 1.12.9 no JDBC Driver compatible to Java 12 is available.
- The above mentioned errors are raised by the JDBC Driver, not by JobScheduler Master.
- The JobScheduler Master is technically compatible with Java 12, however, as there is no support for Java 12 from DBMS vendors we strongly discourage use of Java 12 before availability of compatible JDBC Drivers.