- Mail is sent directly from JobScheduler on specific events as on_success, on_error, on_warning.
- Events and recipients are configured in factory.ini
- The content of mails can be configured by modifying the stylesheet scheduler_mail.xsl.
- This is a somewhat tough task and requires good XSLT knowledge and thorough testing.
Sending mail is considered to be out-tasked from JobScheduler to a new Plugin. This new component should have the following characteristics:
- Basic functionality
- encrypted communication
- formatting of mail content
- queueing of outgoint mail (as covered by the housekeeping job scheduler_dequeue_mail)
- support for distribution lists
- Better configurability for individual conditions when to send mail.
- Better manageability of mail contents and recipient groups
- Better control of the point in time when mail is sent (at job start, at end of job)
- Better control of limitations e.g. for attachement file size
- It should be possible to configure other protocols than smtp to send messages