- The article How to perform active checks with a System Monitor such as Nagios/op5 includes a number of scripts to check availability of a JobScheduler Master and Agents by use of the JOC Cockpit - REST Web Service.
- The script check_jobscheduler_agent_with_joc.pl performs an active check for a JobScheduler Master (cluster) and any connected Agents. Errors for unavailable Agents are reported within a single notification that is sent to the System Monitor.
- Users would want to send individual notifications per Agent to the System Monitor.
- Therefore the script check_jobscheduler_agent_with_joc.pl should allow to call an optional script report_jobscheduler_agent.pl per Agent. This script does not connect to JOC Cockpit or perform any checks but simply serves to create individual notifications per Agent. The script is executed if it is available from the same directory as the calling script.
- The script is parameterized to transfer the message type and notification to the System Monitor.
- <joc-cockpit-url> is the URL that has been specivied as a parameter to the script check_jobscheduler_agent_with_joc.pl
- <scheduler-id> is the JobScheduler Master ID that has been specified as a parameter to the script check_jobscheduler_agent_with_joc.pl
- <agent-url> is the URL identifying the Agent
- <agent-status> is one of "RUNNING" , "UNREACHABLE", "TERMINATING", "UNKNOWN_AGENT"