- If an account is assigned permissions that limit access to certain folders then this account cannot access job resources when managing workflows in the Configuration view.
- The list of job resources that can be assigned a workflow or job is empty. The reason for this is the fact that the GUI stops to check permissions for top-level folders if the account is not assigned permissions for the "/" root folder.
- This prevents any job resources from being assigned independently of their location. This includes job resources that are located in the folder for which the account is granted permissions.
- The GUI should consider folder permissions when retrieving the list of assignable job resources.
- The GUI should display job resources from any folders that the account is granted access.
- Assign the account permissions for the root folder "/" in addition to specific folders. Do not specify the "recursive" attribute, just add the / folder to the permissions.
- This allows to read job resources from any folders which is not a perfect solution but a workaround for the time being.