- The JobScheduler Master includes the feature to send e-mail in case that the execution of job requires a shorter/longer duration than expected.
- However, this feature is restricted to send e-mail which is not applicable for a number of users.
- At the same time the JobScheduler Monitoring Interface provides the feature to add a timer setting with a similar purpose.
- However, this feature is not easily configurable if different timer settings are required for a larger number of jobs.
- In addition modifying the Monitoring Interface requires to change its SystemMonitorNotification_MonitorSystem.xml file which is an administrative task.
- Users would like to use the settings warn if longer than / warn if shorter than that are available on a per job basis with the JOE job editor to specify the expected duration.
- Instead of sending e-mail in case of any jobs not matching the expectation specified with the above settings the Monitoring Interface should be used to send a notification.
- Introducing of the new configuration items on a NotificationObjects element:
- Job Configuration
- define a job with the warn_if_longer_than setting
- define a job with the warn_if_shorter_than setting
- Monitoring Interface Configuration
- define the TaskIfLongerThan, TaskIfShorterThan elements