- If joc_install,xml has a commented <installpath> tag, the batch installation does not starts.
- Following XML line, produces the error, if its deleted the setup work normally.
- <!-- <installpath>[:choose absolute installation path of JOC:]</installpath> -->
- The JOC Cockpit batch installation should not break if there are comments in the joc_installation.xml
- If the <installpath/> is not set then the working directory is the installation directory.
The setup start-script tries to avoid that the installer can be start without a <installpath/> setting.
For this the joc_install.xml is provided with
<installpath>[:choose absolute installation path of JOC:]</installpath>
where the value is an invalid path.
The setup start-script is looking for the [:choose with "grep" and stops the installation with a message
if [:choose is found.
The setup start-script is only a shell script which don't parse the XML to see possibly comments around
<installpath>[:choose absolute installation path of JOC:]</installpath>.
In the case described above, the start-script still finds [:choose
The effort is disproportionate to the benefit if you want to teach the shell script to parse XMLs.