- Branch 1.12 of JobScheduler Master and JOC Cockpit ships with a MariaDB JDBC Driver version 1.3 that can be used with MariaDB databases and with MySQL databases 5.x.
- Users who want to use JobScheduler with MySQL 8 cannot use a MariaDB JDBC Driver, for details see About MariaDB Connector/J
- For use with MySQL 8 users have to download a JDBC Driver from the MySQL web site.
- However, due to interferences between the MySQL JDBC Driver and the MariaDB JDBC Driver that is included with JobScheduler
- the MariaDB JDBC Driver has to be updated to a newer release 2.2.6
- the JDBC URL for a MySQL database has to include the query parameter DisableMariaDbDriver, e.g. in a URL such as jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jobscheduler?disableMariaDbDriver=true