- VBScript and JScript have come into years. A better replacement can be found with PowerShell that includes the capabilities of these scripting languages and in addition provides operating system commands and access to the .NET interface.
- With the introduction of PowerShell support with
JS-1595the deprecation life cycle for VBScript and JScript is started.
- The deprecation includes any languages that are used with the Windows Script Engine, the best known being VBScript and JScript.
- The JobScheduler Agent will provide compatibility support for Windows Script Host languages, see
- deprecated: release 1.11
- unsupported: release 1.12
- removed: release 1.13