- It should be proved that the built-in SAX parser of Java 8 is capable to replace the Xerces implementation. The result will tell us if Xerces is still required or can be replaced by SAX from the Java version, since Java includes a SAX parser a while ago.
- Provide an example of a JITL job that is migrated from Xerces to SAX that shows if this works as expected.
- Create a list of JITL jobs that make use of Xerces.
- Determine the effort for migration of additional JITL jobs.
- The Xerces project had no changes in the implementation since 2010, therefore it can be concluded that no further development for the project takes place.
To enable the SAX parser
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version = "2.0">
To use the newest Saxon class change the Saxon...jar in $scheduler_home/lib/3rd-party
- This feature is dismissed for branch 1.x as we do not intend to break existing functionality.
- Branch 2.x will not include classes of the Apache Xerces libraries.
- Release 1.12 includes both the SAX parser and Apache Xerces libraries.